Lululemon Fun Facts
"As a design-led company, curiosity is at our core. We’re constantly thinking about how we can innovate our process, our gear, and our social impact so we can elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness."
- Surfing and snowboarding enthusiast Chip Wilson founded Lululemon in 1998, shortly after taking his first yoga class in Vancouver
- Lululemon Athletica Inc. went public in 2007
- Lululemon refers to its store clerks as 'educators'
- Cotton used to the be the go-to apparel choice of those who do the downward dog
- The top five physical retailers (by sales per square foot) in US malls — Apple, Warby Parker, Tiffany & Co., Lululemon and Michael Kors
The Digital Store Experience
"We're innovating a lot around digital, such as changing rooms which show reflectivity on products that you might not be able to see in the store light.
We’ve also thought about how to showcase product functionality in a physical store space and have a lot of video footage throughout the store.
For example we're bringing in the voices of our ambassadors and designers, so we might have a designer talking about how they created a print. People want to know who’s behind the product more and more."