BillerudKorsnas - "Packaging as a Hero”
Jon Haag, Director Consumer Insights - BillerudKorsnäs ABView Full Profile
A decade ago who would have predicted the monumental growth seen in global E-Commerce? Suppliers have responded well by making radical changes to their operations to adapt to modern, gadget-savvy consumers.
We’re now in an age when deliveries are more likely to be by drone than by milk float, so why has E-Commerce Packaging been so neglected? The ‘unboxing experience’ rarely has the impact the brand owner would have desired.
But where did it all go wrong and what can we do collectively to change it? Packaging of the future needs to be more than just functional. Packaging should stir our emotions, it should make brands unforgettable, it must have a low carbon footprint and be easy to recycle.
We would love you to join us and engage in the debate. Please bring your imagination and help us create new ideas that challenge conventional packaging for a more sustainable future.
Five key Take Aways
- Global mega-trends are relevant at a local level too, factor these into your E-Commerce strategy
- Consumer insight is worth its weight in gold, use it wisely
- ‘One size fits all’ E-Commerce packaging is the norm, don’t accept it
- Quick, cheap and ugly is not the route to long term success
- Packaging can add value in E-Commerce, let’s collaborate to make this happen